If you’re the owner of a business, you know how important having a website is in today’s tech-driven age to capturing the essence of your brand. The content on your site is a crucial component in your marketing efforts.
However, simply driving a high volume of traffic to your site is not the only thing you should be focused on.
Think about how many of your visitors successfully convert into actionable leads.
The jump between having site visitors to loyal customers lies in the difference between having good content and optimizing it.
Content optimization is all about making your website stand out from all the competition.
An example of this is where your website shows up on a simple Google search. Optimizing your website will help you rank at the top of the search results and that will improve your visibility. In fact, search engines drive 93% of all website traffic.
Read on to learn more about what you can do to get your website to the top.
Content Optimization Strategies: How to optimize content so it works for your audience?
Content optimization might sound tricky but it isn’t too difficult to get the ball rolling. There are some generic techniques you can employ to optimize your content.
- Conduct customer analysis: before developing your content, you first have to develop an understanding of your customers’ psyche and their needs. Carrying out a customer analysis and segmentation exercise will help you build a content marketing plan that can deliver specific, actionable and attractive content to generate leads.
- Make an attractive landing page: your landing page is the entry point into your website. Targeting your landing page strategy can increase lead conversion by 300%. You don’t need to hire an expert developer for the job either. There are a number of builder tools available online for beginners to look into.
- Leverage social media: social media is key to content optimization. Using a combination of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to target and build relationships with relevant niches in your audience can make all the difference in retaining customers and generating more leads.
- Attract with your landing page: your landing page is the entry point into your website. Targeting your landing page strategy can increase lead conversion by 300%.
- Use tech tools and apps to optimize leads: lead generation involves capturing the information of visitors and using it to convert them into customers. There are a number of tech-enabled tools, ranging from affordable email marketing tools to checkout page optimization apps and content personalization software to help you with this.
Beyond building content optimization strategies, there are certain analyses you can run to better understand the interactions on your website and identify what you can do to improve your lead generation.
Usability testing is a form of test marketing for your website.
You get visitors who are a representation of your target audience to interact with your website and assess their reactions to it which you can build off to enhance and improve upon your website’s experience for future users.
Usability testing bridges the gap between a website’s design to its’ success by testing a customers’:
- Understanding of your site and its functionalities
- Reactions to any glitches or bugs that may arise
- Overall functional experience
The results of the exercise will then help you validate your website design, troubleshoot any errors and work on providing better user experience.
Where usability testing takes a user-centered approach to understand their behavior and interactions with your site, A/B testing focuses on a validation approach.
By creating version A and version B of your webpage (for example, testing landing pages) and then pitting them against each other to see which performs better, you are essentially validating one page over the other.
How do you conduct an A/B test? It’s quite simple:
- Design Version A of your webpage
- Modify it to create Version B, tweaking whatever necessary be it just a heading or a total revamp
- Show half of your website traffic Version A and the other half Version B
- Measure the engagement of both versions through analytical tools and determine which was more successful in lead generation and conversion
Updating your website and introducing changes to the user experience is a continual process as your business grows.
A/B testing will help you stay on top of that by ensuring that transition does not affect your leads.
Quiz It Up
Are you ever surfing the web and you get an ad for an interactive quiz? It sounds like harmless fun and it draws you in.
Believe it or not, creating a quiz is a good way to interact with your audience and generate leads for your website.
By picking a topic of interest and relevance to your offering and building a quiz through the various platforms available, you can directly appeal to the fun-loving side of your audience.
What are the benefits of creating a quiz to connect with your audience?
- Makes your brand memorable: the use of user-centric quizzes can make your brand name stick and increase brand recall through word-of-mouth
- Take interactivity to the next level: using quiz apps, you can pre-define and leverage a number of interactive options to make your quiz appealing. For example, through the use of GIFs, rewarding high scores and sending automated emails on the basis of their results
- Disseminate information: quizzes are also a good way for you to gain an insight into where your customers stand on a particular topic. At the same time, they gain more knowledge and may grow interest in your product/service by increasing their awareness
While using quizzes may sound like a fun and easy option, you have to identify the best mix of questions, the right layout and audience for the benefits to be maximized.
Optimize for More
Whether you’re a small start-up or large-scale business, the importance of content optimization for your website cannot be overstated.
People often say, “if you build it, they will come” but content generation is only where your journey begins.
Making it visible in a positive and actionable light is the turning point where your efforts will pay off by converting visitors to revenue-generating customers.
For this, content optimization is the way to go.
Source: Mark Quadros